Also known as the Manifold Trail or Manifold Track, the former trackbed of the Leek and Manifold Valley Light Railway provides a uniquely twisting, turning and well-surfaced cycle route nestled below Thor’s Cave and epic hills.
- Distance 15.8 miles (25.4 km)
- Elevation gain 321 ft (98 m)
- Time allow 2 hours
- Difficulty Gentle
- Terrain Lanes, Off-Road Trails
- Suited to City or Folding Bike Gravel Bike Hybrid Bike Mountain Bike Non-Standard Cycle Road Bike
- Suitability notes Level throughout with a tarmac surface and good access. Note one small section merges with a minor road.
- Attributes Bridges, Car parking, Cycle hire, Family-friendly, Industrial heritage, National Cycle Network, Out and back, Pubs and cafés, Railways, Reasonably flat, Rivers, Suitable for older kids, Suitable for young kids, Tunnels, Views of hills and peaks
- Starts at SK 10280 59289 SK17 0EZ
- Places Beeston Tor, Butterton, Ecton, Grindon, Hulme End, Staffordshire, Thor's Cave, Waterhouses, Wetton
This cycle route guide is coming soon. The completed guide will feature tips on the route, where to start, a stage-by-stage ride-through, history, alternate route options and brand new original photography.
The route stats featured here are automatically generated by Komoot. For the most accurate guide, please refer to the route details above, based on actual rides recorded by Strava.
Please note: While great care and attention has been put into gathering these routes, ensuring details are accurate and determining their suitability, all information should be used as a guide only and is not a replacement for using your own judgement or research when setting out on new adventures. Peaks & Puddles cannot be held responsible for any problems you may encounter.
Always ensure your equipment is safe for use, that you are well prepared carrying everything necessary including access to a good map. Follow the Highway Code and the Countryside Code at all times, respect the landscape and the wildlife and people you encounter. But most importantly, have fun!